【Chat】Are you afraid to chat in there?

• 回覆 154
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact,I'm not really worring about chatting in English here.(Maybe that's because I just came here for a day? haha) I know my English is not immensely good,but...I think typing in English badly interests me,even thought I'll make many mistakes.

I tried typing in English just several days ago.To be honest,I often use the on-line dictionary to look up some words I can't translate into English.But I only look up for words but not sentences ( The translation of sentences of on-line dictionary sometimes is quite...horrible? XD )

And I think the reason I don't frequently use English may be becase nobody will correct me.I always don't know what errors I made.But now seems that I had found a place to progress my English,inclusive of spelling or grammar.Thanks for those who correct my mistakes!

btw,my speed of typing in English is pretty slowly T_T my goodness..

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
The translation of sentences of on-line dictionary sometimes is quite...horrible?

Indeed. Even Google Translate does a pretty terrible job of it. It'll be years before automatic translation can be flawless.

Hmmm, haven't done much corrections these days. I guess I can start again.

In fact,I'm not really worring about chatting in English here.

"worried about chatting" etc. However, you can leave out "in fact". A bit out of place in regards to the context you're replying to.

But I only look up for words but not sentences

Use "However" instead of "but". Don't start a sentence with "but". "However, I only look up words but not sentences."

And I think the reason I don't frequently use English may be becase nobody will correct me.I always don't know what errors I made.But now seems that I had found a place to progress my English,inclusive of spelling or grammar.Thanks for those who correct my mistakes!

Don't start a sentence with "and".

"I never know what errors I'm making but it seems that I've found a place to improve my English, spelling and grammar included. Thanks to those who correct my mistakes!"

btw,my speed of typing in English is pretty slowly

"pretty slow". "Slowly" is an adverb. You're not describing a verb. If you said, "I type slowly", that's fine.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I thought it's "okay" to start a sentence with a "but", even though it's not encouraged...

Since it's not encouraged, why do it? I don't know. I just know I got big red crosses everywhere in year 4 or 5 when I started a sentence with "but" so I avoided it since.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
Since it's not encouraged, why do it? I don't know. I just know I got big red crosses everywhere in year 4 or 5 when I started a sentence with "but" so I avoided it since.

I often got big crosses because of this also.一_一狠However, I learned to use words like however to avoid this mistake. If you want me to give a reason why it is wrong in grammar, I would say it is not proper to start a sentence with a conjunction.

Just talk about a common mistake that we Chinese students may make.

Because I like to go shopping on weekends.

First of all, it is not proper to start a sentence with a conjunction. Moreover, everyone who reads this sentence would not understand the reason and the result of the matter. This may have a lot to do with how we Chinese students compose a sentence. Some of us want to translate Chinese into English so that some sentences can not express what the author think completely.

Often the sentence would be suggested to reword like below.

It is because I like to go shopping on weekends.

At least, it is much more grammatically correct. However, I do not think it is a good solution to problems like this. I am convinced that we need to express our thoughts in a more natural way. We should learn how to express instead of sheer translating .

We can find a lot of unorganized sentences in our compositions, and it indicates that we are still doing the translation. If we want to improve our writing, I would suggest to study the tips on our textbooks for writing. It is done by instructing students steps by steps, from writing a sentence to composing a passage of description.

Oops! It seems I have been off the topic.:E

Afraid? Yes. I was afraid to make mistakes. Nevertheless, I think this site provides a lot of chances for us to practice English. Furthermore, MikiRei has helped me a lot with correcting my mistakes. I can broaden my horizons as well as learn English on this site; therefore, I like to chat here now.

Just give it a go, guys! XD

It doesn't matter that how many mistakes we would make. (Ha! Ha! I believe there are sure to be a lot of mistakes in my thread.= ="")Do not forget one important function of languages is to express our thoughts. To begin with, just try to make others understand what we want to say. I think it won't be too late to correct our mistakes after that.^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
btw, you havent modified my works for a long long whileT.T

It's too much work sometimes.......and I'm not ALWAYS correct. I can pick out the obvious mistakes here and there. I swear there were other grammar pros around here but I think they've all vanished.

Once I finish organising....a lot of stuff *dies in the pile of stress I gave myself* .... I might start again...or my boyfriend can do it......since he's such a grammar nazi...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
my english is poor...

So do I = = The summer vacation makes me lazier.I havn't study English for a lone time.= =My frequency of studying English is less and less T_T,thought I plan to study "The 7000 vocabulary".

The cram school which I have to go to learn English once a week may help me keep my basic English =P haha,maybe..

It seems like that my English will be more poor after the summer vacation pass XD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
So do I = = The summer vacation makes me lazier.I havn't study English for a lone time.= =My frequency of studying English is less and less T_T,thought I plan to study "The 7000 vocabulary".

The cram school which I have to go to learn English once a week may help me keep my basic English =P haha,maybe..

It seems like that my English will be more poor after the summer vacation pass XD

However, I think you do a good job in English. Keep working hard!:E

Since you are going to be a sophomore, you may have plenty of time to enjoy your high school days. Therefore, why not spend some time reading English each day? Just reading a paragraph or two each day will help you a lot. Of course, there are a lot of tips to help you do better and better.xd

(= ='.....I find it boring to most visitors here to write long threads, so I won't murmur so much. )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
So do I

So is mine.

The summer vacation makes me lazier.I havn't study English for a lone time.= =My frequency of studying English is less and less ,thought I plan to study "The 7000 vocabulary".

I really SHOULD be listening to my lecture.....but it's easy stuff at the moment. :p

The summer vacation made me lazier. I haven't studied English for a long time. My frequency in studying English had decreased but I do plan to study "The 7000 Vocabulary".

The cram school that I go to weekly may help me keep my basics...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah, I quite afraid of chatting on this board

I thought that speaking is more difficult for me before

but now, I realize that I'm not even good at writing = =

instead, while I'm speaking

I can just talk about I really want to express immediately

I'm not really care about the grammer or otherelse ...

cuz I only need the one I speak with understand my talk

from kindergarten, I start to learn English

and I passed GEPT (elementary) in my third grade in primary school

and GEPT (intermediate) in eighth grade, but the writing hadn't get the last five point

till junior high, I always thought I'm good at this language

but while I'm taking the pace into senior high ...

I detected that I'm poor of it

especially in vocabulary ...

so I hope I could improve my English here ...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
yeah, I quite afraid of chatting on this board

I thought that speaking is more difficult for me before

but now, I realize that I'm not even good at writing = =

instead, while I'm speaking

I can just talk about I really want to express immediately

I'm not really care about the grammer or otherelse ...

cuz I only need the one I speak with understand my talk

from kindergarten, I start to learn English

and I passed GEPT (elementary) in my third grade in primary school

and GEPT (intermediate) in eighth grade, but the writing hadn't get the last five point

till junior high, I always thought I'm good at this language

but while I'm taking the pace into senior high ...

I detected that I'm poor of it

especially in vocabulary ...

so I hope I could improve my English here ...

I think it takes efforts and time to improve our writing skills. However, we can read a lot of articles first, then learn about how others express their thoughts and feelings.

After all, writing is closely related to reading.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I do not think my answer is absolutely correct.

Welcome more discussions.:E

I think everyone will make a mistake at once.

→I think everyone may make a mistake at first.

First of all, I think It is not proper to use "at once" here.

At once: (a)immediately (b)together

Moreover, I think it is better to replace "will" with "may" because you mean everyone is likely to make mistakes. What's more, according to my grammar book, we can use "will" to express something that happens frequently. For example, "My car sometimes will break down."

But no practice ,no progress.

Try to speak out in the class.

→However, no practice, no progress. Try to speak up in class.

We should avoid use conjuctions like but to start a sentence when writing because it is often used in spoken English.

As for "speak out", according my dictionary, it suggests to speak in protest about something publicly. I think you mean to just talk about what you think, so I use "speak up."

Last but not least, "In class" means the time during a class. "In the class" means a particular class.

PS: Help me find if tere is any mistake.It is the first time for me replying in English.

→P.S. Help me find if there is any mistake. It is my first time to reply in English.

When what you talk about is closely related to yourselves, you can just use words like my to demonstrate the relationship. It is better.

Ha! Ha! Sorry for such a long thread.:P

I think what I mentioned above will help you a lot with your writing when you are a 12th-grader. These are little but common mistakes among we Chinese students.

Just share thooughts with you.:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入