我嘗試過

但會讀到有種無力感出現的情況

因為看不太懂

萬一是這樣怎麼辦

P.S是否有人能提出更多關於學習英文的方法

感恩

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

^.^||| - I swear, I think I've answered to similar posts like these for like....the nth time. It's ALMOST driving me to the point of setting a faq thread for English learning >_>

Anyways, here's a suggestion: (taken from another post of mine)

1. Read a book once through WITHOUT checking the dictionary. If you don't know the meaning of the vocabulary, DON'T WORRY! Keep reading. Take in the context. Read the ENTIRE sentence as it is. Also, DO NOT TRY AND TRANSLATE INTO CHINESE!! NOT going to help you. If you can feel the gist of the context, it's fine. I mean, do you honestly think children in English speaking country could read novels from the first day they were born? NO! They just read as well and eventually learn new ways of expression through the different novels they read everyday. If they see a vocabulary they don't understand (yes, we actually have to learn vocabulary as well!), we look up in the dictionary - BUT, our teachers will say, "Write the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS.". Reading and not reading makes A LOT of difference. You'll find that the level of English can differ amongst different English speaking people. The ones who read less are limited to everyday, basic words (and swearing - haha) while the ones who read more, they have a LOT MORE to say (not to mention, more intelligible to listen to)

2. Read the book AGAIN, this time, writing down all the words you don't understand and take a GUESS for each of the vocabulary (or grammar form)

3. NOW, you check the dictionary and see if you've guessed right. DO NOT copy the dictionary word for word. Think about the definition and write the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

4. Read the book AGAIN with this new gained knowledge and see how much you understand the novel this time round.

In fact, the above steps don't even have to be done book by book. You can do it chapter by chapter. In fact, chapter by chapter may even be better.

Extra step:

From time to time, you might want to take out your list of vocabulary (written with YOUR own definition) and try redefining them again using English. A lot of fun.

Of course, as previously said by someone earlier, start off with the easy books. Like, children's books. Grab picture books even and don't feel embarrassed for doing so.

Anyways, you have an advantage. Since you're already overseas, daily life should brush up on your English (unless you ONLY hang out with overseas students.....a common scene I see all the time)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

先不要一開始就選太難的文章

這樣挫折感會很大

先慢慢看

例如看中小學生的小說之類的

讀第一遍的時候

先不要查字典

除非那個字是不查就看不下去後面的文章

讀第二遍的時候

再把剛剛不懂的字查出來

這個時候

可以先把這些字背起來

幾天後再來看一次這篇文章

或者當場再讀第三遍

查字典的時候

找幾個最常用的意思背就好

等到字彙量變多

查字典就要中英文意思都知道

就是說

你要能用中英文解釋這個單字

如果有時間的話

讀完文章以後

可以自己寫一篇大意

這篇大概在講什麼?

你的想法怎麼樣?

之類的

大致上就這樣吧XD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

謝謝各位

請問有人是在國外念書的嗎

我想聽聽看各位的感想

因為上課老師都用英文

課本當然也都英文

所以往往明明懂得東西

變成英文就看不太懂

導致成績被拉下來

壓力有點小大

不知各位如何應付初期這種狀況

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我知道你的心情XD

課外一定要大量閱讀然後增加單字量

讓英文變好

然後可以回家復習今天教的東西

反正課堂上爛就先讓他爛好了!

以後情況會好起來的

我一開始在美國上課也是這樣

明明我就不比同學差

可是語言的障礙讓我看起來像個白痴...

我想這種情況可能就是我的動力吧

因為我覺得不服氣

我想

不要灰心喪志是最重要的吧:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
我知道你的心情XD

課外一定要大量閱讀然後增加單字量

讓英文變好

然後可以回家復習今天教的東西

反正課堂上爛就先讓他爛好了!

以後情況會好起來的

我一開始在美國上課也是這樣

明明我就不比同學差

可是語言的障礙讓我看起來像個白痴...

我想這種情況可能就是我的動力吧

因為我覺得不服氣

我想

不要灰心喪志是最重要的吧:)

yes !i agree with evenstar

good luck!;-)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
(如果我說這樣會不會被罵)

Don't think so. My cousin isn't doing that enough, meaning she might still have an accent in 3 years time >_>

Do what Sir Sidney Poitier did. He listened to the radio, chose one particular reporter with a good accent, and every night, listened to his show and repeated every single line he said, imitating the accent. Meaning will catch on eventually.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
(如果我說這樣會不會被罵) 你周遭的人們發出什麼聲音你就跟著發出什麼聲音吧XD。不要管意思,到最後你習慣了就懂得用法了。

學長你的方法似乎可行性很高

"俠客行"那個石破天就是這般幾進無賴的打法

當鸚鵡吧(自言)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

閱讀的話主要是在培養隊英文的靈敏度和語感

現在連台灣的英文大型考試也是以閱讀能力為取向(補習班老師說的)

閱讀真的不是可以一步登天的

慢慢的培養

可以的話先從簡單的文章做口譯+筆譯

會進步的很驚人一_一狠

不過要有毅力就是了= =""

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
請問一下

大大有沒有推薦什麼書嗎...?

去敦煌看看吧

幾乎你想要的英文原文書都可以找到

或者學校圖書館有可以先借回家翻翻

上次就借了四本短篇小說看

感覺還蠻不錯的

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
去敦煌看看吧

幾乎你想要的英文原文書都可以找到

或者學校圖書館有可以先借回家翻翻

上次就借了四本短篇小說看

感覺還蠻不錯的

痾...我的意思是說

從哪些書開始看起...

因為 就如上面大大們有提到的

英文程度不太好的

也不要直接跳太深的東西閱讀= ="

所以 才想問問看

有沒有深度不會太深的書

大大們推薦的

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
你現在看的懂哪些書啊?

不清楚你的程度不太好推薦

恩...

簡單來說

我會的字彙 大約根目前高一升高二生的差不多

1~2000吧 我猜(不太清楚)

對了

我們暑假作業有本HOW I MET MYSELF

我讀起來是還蠻輕鬆的

單字大約30個(包括專有名詞)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
我會的字彙 大約根目前高一升高二生的差不多

1~2000吧 我猜(不太清楚)

這......幫不了我.

HOW I MET MYSELF

還好網上有excerpt

Hmmm....I'd say, you're reading possibly elementary to early high school standard. In that case....maybe some of the children classics of Roald Dahl? That might be ok. Or even Dick King-Smith's will be fine also. Phillip Pullman or C.S. Lewis might be SOME challenge but maybe not so much.

Question: Is Harry Potter fine for you? (looks about the same standard)

Recommendations:

James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

Which Witch by Roald Dahl

Matilda by Roald Dahl

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

The Twits by Roald Dahl

Danny, The Champion of the World by Dick King-Smith

Babe by Dick King-Smith (yes, the movie "Babe" was based on this book)

Challenge:

Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy

ie. "The Northern Lights" (or "The Golden Compass" since Taiwan usually have American editions more so than original British editions), "The Subtle Knife" and "The Amber Spyglass"

C.S. Lewis "Narnia" collections

試以上幾個先. 要是太難或太簡單我在推薦別的

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

直接讀

重看時在查字典

然後在看第三遍

查字典時不要就寫查到的意識

以自己的了解去寫下單字的意識

建議以英文寫意識

In English:

There's a common mistake most people make and that is, they memorize the definition found on the dictionary. You'll never understand the vocabulary in that case. Read the definition, then read the paragraph of where that vocabulary occurred and try to understand the word's meaning within that context. When you have a good grasp, write down the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Don't rely on the dictionary's definition. That's the definition of the word in SOMEBODY ELSE'S own words, not yours. It will make no relevance to you and hence, the vocabulary will NEVER stick in your head.

Strongly suggest you try and write the definition in ENGLISH, and of course, in YOUR own words. Not only are you practicing expressing ideas in English, you're also TRULY understanding the vocabulary as oppose to doing the boring and uninspiring way of memorising

dog = 狗

pretty = 漂亮

and so on and so forth.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
直接讀

重看時在查字典

然後在看第三遍

查字典時不要就寫查到的意識

以自己的了解去寫下單字的意識

建議以英文寫意識

恩..