大概就這些了,麻煩各位了^^

今天一次打那麼多,下定決心要讀書才REALIZE

自己以往那麼混><

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

聽起來你好像是在應付考試而已 (well, duh, I guess)

可是自從有一次周考老師不給範圍

我的英文成績馬上掉到中後段

Evil but effective because if you think about it, an English speaking person isn't going to say, "Hey! I'll be using ONLY the following grammar form and vocabulary while I engage into a conversation with you for the next 3 minutes."

Your teacher is doing a good thing. If she/he tells you what you're going to be tested on, OF COURSE, given enough preparation, anyone can do well but is the language PART of you? So good tactic. I give two thumbs up for this teaching method. (Ultimately, if English is so important in Taiwan, they should just make all the schools bilingual. Start speaking English to the children as young as 3 years old)

我預計過個一兩個月,字彙量多一點就開始

別管哪麼多. 字彙量多不會讓你看的更懂. 多看書才有效

你現在是以中文 --> 英文來思考, 了解英文.

換句話來說, 你還只是在用中文來思考

要改/進進步直有多看, 多聽,多寫(不包刮寫題目. In fact, that's completely useless in terms of language learning. You're only just preparing for exams. Outside of that context, ie. actually USING it on a daily basis in an English speaking context, you're pretty much in trouble)

還有,最近我偶然發現我爸有訂TIME雜誌

你們覺得必要讀嘛?(以我的狀態)

YES! (跟狀態沒關悉)

我用它的方法一天飆一百單字

This is USELESS! Sorry if I'm putting you down but it really is USELESS.

光背沒用. 要會用. 看過它的用法就會懂意識. 死背沒效.

然而我是有一些生字真的很有印象啦

但大部分的字根本記不起來

如上

還有文法概念

Write a diary in English. Take it to your teacher and let her mark it. She'll tell you why you're wrong. You'll learn eventually through that.

Also - READ!!! How many times do I have to say this??? *grabs head*

We need a FAQ in English learning or something because I'm hearing the SAME QUESTIONS again, and again, and again.

There's no trick in learning language. Read, write, listen, speak. ie. Practice USING the language. Don't ROTE LEARN.

Other comments

------------------------------------------

我發現大家都有一個共同點

就是下面這個問題常常出現:

"現在我能讀英文課外書嘛? 等我字囊多一點在讀比較好吧?"

Ans: NO! 字囊背在多也沒用(only a LITTLE - for the basics words, but hardly) 很多人似乎是死背

ie. Dog = 狗

也就是說, 永遠以中文去思考.

多看書才有用, 因為看過用法懂的比較多, 也記的久

跟字囊量沒關悉!!

Next: Don't hold a dictionary while reading!! You lose the context and the language flow!!

不要邊看書 邊查字典. 語感會消失. 永遠以中文思考

EDIT:

I've read a bit of the blog link you gave. I don't TOTALLY agree with her. Yes, learning English through Chinese is harder than, say, for French speakers to learn English. Reason being, Chinese and English is not of the same language group. French speakers will find it easer to learn English because, well, 80% of the English vocabulary IS French. Their grammar form both originated from Latin so there's similarities to relate to.

Chinese speakers don't have that luxury - which is why I strongly believe making people ROTE LEARN vocabulary or grammatical form is big no-no. In fact, ANY language, should NEVER be learnt through rote learning. It's a shame that you have to deal with language learning as a SUBJECT so I suppose, certain amounts of rote learning is required in order to deal with exams. When it comes to USING it though, rote learning will most definitely fail you. I guess a good question is, do you want to do well in exams or do you actually want to learn to SPEAK the language? People might think it doesn't make a difference, but in fact, it does. If you're just wanting to deal with exams, go and do your practice papers. You'll definitely be fine. Just make sure you never have to use English in real life. As for the latter, you'll find you probably won't do that well in exams, but when it comes to using English in real life, it's a completely different paradigm and you might start to feel that the English tests at school is merely a farce and getting a few numbers on those papers do not represent anywhere NEAR your English abilities.

I've learn French and German pretty much, the "subject" way. Ask me to use French and German in real life? I'll be dead. I need more practice of course. As for Japanese, I've always learnt it as a hobby so no textbooks, just purely through reading, writing, listening and speaking ie. USING it. Now, when it comes to vocabulary tests at uni for Japanese, I most certainly die. Reason? My brain isn't used to doing English -> Japanese or vice versa.

ie. I'm not used to doing Okaasan (I don't have Japanese fonts right) = Mother or Mother = Okaasan.

In fact, this kind of mindset annoys me. I know the meaning of the vocabulary PERFECTLY WELL in Japanese. I do not need to rearrange my head to know the English equivalent. In fact, the English equivalent I was forced to learn is SOMEONE ELSE'S translation. It doesn't mean a thing to me.

So here comes my point. Rather learning a list of SOMEONE ELSE'S translation, make your own translation.

ie. DON'T just make do with dictionary explanations when you look up words.

READ the explanation. UNDERSTAND it. Then, WRITE your OWN definition. LEARN your own definition.

Make the vocabulary relevant to YOURSELF - no one else.

If you just make do with dictionary explanation, all you're doing is eating the dictionary whole. Your understanding of the language doesn't improve at all.

Anyways, I give you another method.

When you read, read it once through. DO NOT STOP and CHECK the dictionary for vocabularies you don't understand.

From the blog:

每次看文章都是因為什麼東西而停下來的?

不就是單字嘛~

Well, yes. No kidding but doesn't mean you go and eat 7000 lines of OTHER people's interpretation of the vocabulary. Here's a method I'm proposing that I'm pretty sure will work.

1. Read a book once through WITHOUT checking the dictionary. If you don't know the meaning of the vocabulary, DON'T WORRY! Keep reading. Take in the context. Read the ENTIRE sentence as it is. Also, DO NOT TRY AND TRANSLATE INTO CHINESE!! NOT going to help you. If you can feel the gist of the context, it's fine. I mean, do you honestly think children in English speaking country could read novels from the first day they were born? NO! They just read as well and eventually learn new ways of expression through the different novels they read everyday. If they see a vocabulary they don't understand (yes, we actually have to learn vocabulary as well!), we look up in the dictionary - BUT, our teachers will say, "Write the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS.". Reading and not reading makes A LOT of difference. You'll find that the level of English can differ amongst different English speaking people. The ones who read less are limited to everyday, basic words (and swearing - haha) while the ones who read more, they have a LOT MORE to say (not to mention, more intelligible to listen to)

2. Read the book AGAIN, this time, writing down all the words you don't understand and take a GUESS for each of the vocabulary (or grammar form)

3. NOW, you check the dictionary and see if you've guessed right. DO NOT copy the dictionary word for word. Think about the definition and write the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

4. Read the book AGAIN with this new gained knowledge and see how much you understand the novel this time round.

In fact, the above steps don't even have to be done book by book. You can do it chapter by chapter. In fact, chapter by chapter may even be better.

Extra step:

From time to time, you might want to take out your list of vocabulary (written with YOUR own definition) and try redefining them again using English. A lot of fun.

Anyways, I realised you're actually asking how to prepare English for your EXAMS. In which case, I guess what I've said doesn't REALLY apply to you in this particular context. If you're seriously thinking of improving your English, NOT AS A SUBJECT, but as a language, then my opinions may help.

Anyways, cheers!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我實在很想說,就像MikiRei大所說的!英文真的是個語言,不是考試升學的工具!

短時間你寫一大堆考卷,充其量只是增加你寫考卷的臨場反應而已!再一段時間不管英文之後,辛苦累積起來的就會垮!

為準備考試而學,然後還想要藉此引起興趣,這應該挺困難的吧?再者你又不斷的提起什麼 "中後段" 、 "幾分幾分" 的,這件事裡頭這麼功利的部分,要是你下半天的苦工卻得不到你所期待的成果,你是不是會漸漸失去信心而放棄呢?(簡單說就別理成績,乖乖埋頭拚英文吧!)

就跟你講一件關於考試很重要的事,別只把目標放學測四千字,還是及早把計畫擴張到七千字比較實在!這樣比較保險。

不是以語言為基礎來學英文,想進步(不管是成績還是能力)真的很難喔~

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

謝謝樓上

要當一個語言讀我當然知道

只是沒辦法,我們不管怎樣,還是要學測?

看個雜誌,看本書

就算一天只有一個unit,兩個chapter

也要花很多時間讀

而且我是很多基本的都不會

比方說No sooner...的句型(只是舉例)

當然,語言本來就要靠時間累積

可是我功課嚴格講起來真的算很荒廢

國文數學歷史地理物理化學生物地科三民主義都要顧

所以我才想先解決燃眉之急

要怪只能怪我從小沒養成閱讀英文的好習慣

只是還是要考試啊,我也無奈

那如果每天固定閱讀

像閱讀測驗的小文章如何,一篇或兩篇

再用二樓大大講的讀英文書的方法

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

閱測也是閱讀,所以,應該可以吧~只是不建議!我覺得,如果你要用這樣的方法增加英文的能力,就真該撇開成績的部分,好好專心去看英文。

其實四千七千這些數字都只是參考值,大考真的只會考四千七千嗎?三個字,

≡難.說.喔≡

大量閱讀還是比較重要!廣泛的讀,看雜誌、看小說,把英文融入生活!藉此增加英文字彙量。如果你讀英文就真只侷限在你讀書時讀英文的時候,太狹隘了,很糟糕!特別又是在你現在再半年就要學測的時候,你更應該要天天無時無刻接觸英文,這樣才會進步!

最重要的,別被成績影響心情!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

My question, if you don't like English, why learn it?

Answer: Well, you have no choice. Taiwan's made it THE most important subject (asides from Maths and Science I guess). My question is, if English is so important to Taiwan, why aren't they doing a *better* job in teaching it? I tend to find it's the whole emphasis on marks that's hindering an improvement in teaching, or maybe, it's the same old story - the politicians don't care!

Seriously, I'm starting to feel the urge of just one day, going back to Taiwan and set up a bilingual school. If English is so important to Taiwan, they should make the nation use it in parallel - like what they do in Singapore and Malaysia. Instead of TEACHING it as a subject, USE IT. Make students start using English as young as three years old. I remember when I was still in Taiwan, there was this language school where all teachers were American and speak only English to us. THAT was effective. But put asides all of that. Education, above all else, must be CONSISTENT. I hear from my cousin that everytime you go from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, the schools have to teach English from scratch again because everyone's at different level. A little contradictory/embarrassing for the government when they say their goal is to increase people's English abilities (by the way, all my comments is more than possibly politically incorrect due to my lack of involvement in Taiwanese politics).

It's the same deal here in Australia. You go into university only to get a shock because some schools are so slack that some people don't even know their times table! Some people's written AND spoken English is appalling there's just no way for effective communication.

Ok - I've enough ranting.

In accordance to this topic, as people have mentioned before, do try and make English as part of your life. I made Japanese part of my life by reading a lot of its manga, watching its anime and drama (in Japanese of course) and its done a lot of good for me. So make English as part of your life but continue to do what I call "exam-tackling" methods to deal with the unfortunate and unavoidable exams. However, scoff at the marks. I don't reckon the exams some of the schools set are worthy of notice anyways. I remember reading a test sample one of my cousin in Taiwan had to do and it was SOOOOOOOO boring and uninspiring. It's no wonder people hate exams. They should ask more interesting questions rather than useless multiple choices and fill-in-the-blanks.

Anyways, I'll zip my mouth for now. Enough said.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入