【Self-Introduce】大家好, 讓我幫你門學英文

大家好,我叫Adam,我是美國人。 我9個月之前來過台北為了吧中文學好。 我剛剛發現這個網站, 真的不錯。 我會幫你們回答英文的問題(也可以自己學你們寫的中文同時!)。

首先,我很尊敬你們這麼認真得學習這麼難的語言。我要提醒以下,在台灣的書店我發現很多很不正確英文的課本。還有一些99%正確的, 但是這些書還是不太好。所以你要小心一點買英文課本的時候。我的建議是:不要買台灣人寫的課本。 雖然他們講得英文很好,還不是100%標準。

Okay that's enough of my nasty Chinese :). Great to meet you all, I'm glad I found this web site! I think I can help you guys out if you have any questions about English usage. I will try to check back on this forum on a daily basis if possible to offer my help. As it turns out, I can also study Chinese while helping you all because I have to read the questions in Chinese first!

As for the warning above, let me say that most of the classroom textbooks I have seen are great, no errors at all. When I talk about books with poor English, I am referring to a number of books I have seen at 家樂福 or similar stores. Many are published by the same company but I can't remember that company's name at the moment. I would recommend that you order English learning books from Amazon.com that are written by American or English authors. Amazon.com will deliver books to Taiwan for a respectable price.

For example, here is a list of books that an American ESL teacher recommends:

http://amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/R3DRTZHRDYBEPY/ref=cm_syt_srch_f_1_rsssss0/103-4326733-5783866

In particular, I really like the first book on idioms:

http://www.amazon.com/Year-English-Second-Language-Student/dp/1412020034/ref=cm_syf_dtl_top_1_rsssss0/103-4326733-5783866/103-4326733-5783866

Idioms are like 成語 - they don't make any sense on their own, but they are very commonly used and invaluable if you want to learn spoken language. Additionally, idioms are usually left out by classroom textbooks.

For more books on Amazon.com, just type in "esl" or "learn english" in the Search box (在"Go"的旁邊).

Okay, this post is already too long, haha. I look forward to helping you guys out.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Heya and welcome!

Ok, I probably won't need much help from you since I'm Australian but I'm Taiwanese by birth and can still speak my mother tongue so I'll help you out with Chinese (though others will probably do a better job of that than me)

Firstly, your Chinese is VERY good. There's just a few grammatical mistakes that'll I'll correct in a bit. Otherwise, two thumbs up!

我9個月之前來過台北為了吧中文學好。

9個月前我為了把中文學好而來過台北

也可以自己學你們寫的中文同時!

也可以同時學你們寫的中文

我要提醒以下

我要提醒一下

在台灣的書店我發現很多很不正確英文的課本

在台灣的書店我發現很多很不正確的英文課本

所以你要小心一點買英文課本的時候

所以買英文課本的時候要小心一點

Well, there's my take on corrections there. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Heya and welcome!

Ok, I probably won't need much help from you since I'm Australian but I'm Taiwanese by birth and can still speak my mother tongue so I'll help you out with Chinese (though others will probably do a better job of that than me)

Wow, thanks! For the thumbs up and for the very helpful suggestions. :E These rearrangements make a lot of sense, I tend to infuse English word order a lot when I speak Chinese.

I saw that your English is impeccable, so I figured that you're either a native speaker or some kind of freak of nature.. haha. In any case maybe I can share some of the load when it comes to answering questions here.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
剛剛發現標題"大家好, 讓我幫你們學英文"這樣才對^________^

Thanks for the heads up. :)

我想問一個跟學英文比較無關的問題...

為什麼你會來學比較難學的繁體中文 而不是簡體呢?

Why did I choose to come to Taiwan and learn traditional characters instead of simplified characters in China? I get that question a lot. I chose traditional characters for two reasons.

The first reason is that I hope to eventually understand both traditional and simplified characters in the future. And learning traditional first makes that process much easier. If you learn simplified characters first it can be very hard to learn traditional, right? Most people in Taiwan probably have no problem reading simplified, but I would imagine a lot of people in China struggle with traditional script.

Secondly, I view simplified characters as a botched and rushed political move during a time when a lot of Chinese culture was destroyed. And they just aren't as beautiful as traditional characters if you ask me.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Secondly, I view simplified characters as a botched and rushed political move during a time when a lot of Chinese culture was destroyed. And they just aren't as beautiful as traditional characters if you ask me.

0_o I like your second reason. This kind of question had puzzled me for many years.Thanks for your answering. xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I tend to infuse English word order a lot when I speak Chinese.

An understandable habit :p No worries. It all takes practice!

I saw that your English is impeccable, so I figured that you're either a native speaker or some kind of freak of nature

I WISH I'm a freak of nature but no. I've been living in Australia since I was 6 so it all came naturally for me.

Glad to know someone thinks the same as me. I remember having heated discussion with my friend back in high school. She opted for simplified 'cause it was easy. I opted for traditional because of its logic and the beauty of the character.

There's one ironic thing about Simplified Chinese - it's even MORE simplified than the simplified version of Japanese kanji. Funny that! Japanese, who took the Chinese language in its entirety (well, they did during Heiwa era) since they didn't have characters of their own ended up retaining more of the original characters than whence it came from. As for the reason, well, when Chinese was first simplified, they simplified it in similar fashion to the Japanese. However, since the war only ended very recently at the time, people still remember the atrocity Japanese had inflicted upon the Chinese during those times. Hence, to be using the same characters that the Japanese use seem to be an insult. So what happens? They simplify it even more. :faints: Anyways, end rant :p

P.S. The above I heard from some mainland friend of mine. Don't know if it's historically accurate :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

引用"在台灣的書店我發現很多很不正確英文的課本 "

樓上有人改過一遍了,

不過改成"我發現台灣的書店有很多很不正確的英文課本"

這樣比較順^ ^

還有,

引用"大家好, 讓我幫你門學英文 "

這句話翻成英文是"Hello everyone, let me help you to learn English."

看來那位可愛的外國樓長是直翻的呀XD

若改成"大家好,讓我幫忙你們英文上的學習"也許會更通順。

若有錯的地方請大家不吝指教啦XD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
引用"在台灣的書店我發現很多很不正確英文的課本 "

樓上有人改過一遍了,

不過改成"我發現台灣的書店有很多很不正確的英文課本"

這樣比較順^ ^

還有,

引用"大家好, 讓我幫你門學英文 "

這句話翻成英文是"Hello everyone, let me help you to learn English."

看來那位可愛的外國樓長是直翻的呀XD

若改成"大家好,讓我幫忙你們英文上的學習"也許會更通順。

若有錯的地方請大家不吝指教啦XD

我覺得樓主寫的比較好:E

不過我真的不知道現在英文到底怎麼加強,其實大家文法都很好了(而且我覺得外國人也沒有特別著重於文法) 我覺得可能是在口音和字彙方面要努力

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

It is very passionate of you to offer helps~Thanks a lot ^__^

I think there are many students in Taiwan need someone that is a native English speaker to help us out in how to learn English properly. Many of us still try hard to memorize the words instead of using them in writings or understanding articles. So~I'm looking foward to your help here!!! I also have many questions to ask~

By the way, MikiRei has done a lot of great jobs solving English questions for many people, too. I really respect some of your answerings sometimes~^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I got a video that I can't fully understand what on earth they were arguing about.

Could you possibly help me translate it into Chinese or just simply into English words???

I am a big ANTM-junckie(Can I create such word?)...What I always get hung upon on is that I missed this episode which eliminated two contestant in the same week.

It would be a very big favor if you are willing to do me.:E

Thanks million.(L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

PS. ANTM = America's Next Top Model = 超級名模生死鬥

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Errr - well, I'm not EXACTLY sure why they're arguing either (a lot of things have been taken out of context)

From what I can see, Tiffany is probably the favourites out of the judges thus far and yet she came in with a disinterested attitude and disappointed the judges a lot.

I don't watch this show so *shrug*, really don't know what's happening really.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

給樓主^^

很高興能夠與你共享這個學習的空間,希望你的中文可以「百尺竿頭,更進一步。」

《解說/Explanation》

OK! I will try to translate the proverb I used into English. You can take advantage of this chance to learn more about Chinese, and simultaneously you can help me with my problems.

「百尺竿頭,更進一步。」It is a proverb to encourage others to make themselves better and better on their work(Their works are usually good, and we use this proverb to motivate others for further performance ). Instead of meaning a long stick,「百尺竿頭」is a metaphor for a good job. In addition, 「更進一步」means progress. You may be familiar with the words「進步」, and these two statement can both refer to "progress".

嗯!希望我的破英文能夠讓你了解^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Errr - well, I'm not EXACTLY sure why they're arguing either (a lot of things have been taken out of context)

From what I can see, Tiffany is probably the favourites out of the judges thus far and yet she came in with a disinterested attitude and disappointed the judges a lot.

I don't watch this show so *shrug*, really don't know what's happening really.

I don't think I got what I wanted,but I still appreciate that you answered me.

At least I kind of got the picture!!!

Thanks.

But I still hope somebody else give me a clearer response:E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

You should at least post that particular episode because I don't think anyone, even with formidable English, will actually get what's happening - especially if they've never watched the show up till now. You really should be asking this question in a fan forum rather than here ^.^||| - not sure how many people here watch the show - I certainly don't (and never will - no offense but I'm sick of reality shows >_>)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入