【Question】有人可以給我同一個字在不同語言中有不同意思的例子嗎?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you meant colloquial terms, quite a bit. Just check some of the slangs used between England, Australia and the States.

Like, the term "thongs" in Australia is those types of slippers that separates your big toe from the rest of the toes. In England, however, it refers to G-string. (ie. Underpants that have one string to cover your backside)

That's the only example I can think of.

As for certain words than are similar but mean different meaning in a different LANGUAGE. Well, it's a different language - of course it's going to mean something different. For one, English is a combination of Norman (whatever it's called. Language used by Vikings I think), French, German and Latin (well, most European language stemmed from Latin). In fact, a lot of word from English are directly from French and yes, their meaning in English differ only but slightly. If you REALLY want to know, ask a linguist. (Or wikipedia :p - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language) Hmmm - I think I'm getting sidetracked.

My advice, if you REALLY want to know, check up some words in French and see what they mean in English.

Reason: (from wiki)

"Many French words are also intelligible to an English speaker (though pronunciations are often quite different) because English absorbed a large vocabulary from French, via the Norman after the Norman Conquest and directly from French in further centuries. As a result, a substantial share of English vocabulary is quite close to French, with some minor spelling differences (word endings, use of old French spellings, etc.), as well as occasional divergences in meaning."

Or, you can check some Latin vocabularly and see how they've evolved in different European languages.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

有很多啊

通常歐語系的國家都會有

像main(主要的)在法文裡是「手」

sale 英文是賣(類似啦XD)而法文卻是「骯髒」的意思(dirty)

法文現在式第二人稱的be動詞「es」,在德文裡則是「它」(it)

不勝枚舉哩!

不過英法文本係同源

所以遇到很像的字的時候,卯起來猜,

都有90%的可能!

個人淺見

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

pain在英文裡是痛苦,

可是在法文裡是麵包!= =a

(吃麵包很痛苦XD)

還有一些拼法極類似,

但是意思完全不一樣的。

以下是從French For Dummies節錄出來的:

actuellement: This word means ''now" not "actually."

(法文的副詞多是以-ment結尾)

assister: This word means "to attend" not "to assist."

(法文裡動詞多以-er, -re, -ir結尾)

libraire: This word means "bookstore" not ''library.'' The French word for library is biblithèque.

place: This word means "square or seat at the theater or on the bus" not "place."

rester: This word means ''to stay or remain'' not ''to rest."

這本書裡開了一個小篇目舉了這幾個例子。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

VALE in latin = goodbye, in spanish = o.k. (是很敷衍的意思嗎= ="")

GUSTAT in latin = tastes, GUSTAR in spanish = like

ET in latin = and, ET in english = ......xd

PETIT in latin = is attacking, in french = small / little

SED in latin = but, in spanish = thirst (noun for thirsty)

EHEU! in latin = oh dear!/oh no!, 在文言文 = 嗚呼!(!?= =')

很多啦,去電器行玩玩多國電子辭典吧:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入