如果要開那麼久為甚麼要選mt sac? 因為升學率嗎?

我現在住在離rowland high school兩分鐘車程的地方,但住了這麼久還不知道地址==

是說我都統一用阿姨家的就是了: gravina street 在colima那邊這樣

然後我們下個月要搬到離mt sac大概五分鐘的地方不過離rowland ht有點距離就是了ˊ ˋ

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
唉,看看我的吧~我正在北加州當交換學生。

A:Where are you from?

Me:I am from Taiwan, do yor know where is Taiwan?

A:No, but I know Tailand.

= = 台灣的知名度真的比泰國落後嗎?

B:What is ''Taiwan''?

Me:Taiwan is a country.....

用what...把台灣當做什麼東西阿?

C:Hey, you looks like from Korea, are you from Korea?

Me:No, I am a Taiwanese.

C:Oh, I see, you are from Tailand!!

Me:.......

搞什麼阿?Tai 開頭的就一定是泰國喔!?

D:Are you a Chinese?

Me:No, I am a Taiwanese!

D:Ha Ha...!!

你是在笑什麼阿??

唉,我問了幾十個人只有一兩個知道台灣而已,而且還不甚了解...

台灣應該要努力提升知名度阿!!

This is like....what? The 5th time someone had described this type of experience? Is this an American thing or what? 'cause I've NEVER had that problem here in Australia. Most people would had heard it but at the very worst, have a VERY obscured idea about it (and funnily enough, it's the ABC's who have the obscured idea while Caucasians have a better understanding. In fact, the only person who ever picked out I was Taiwanese the moment she saw me was Caucasian. Actually, make that two. The second person was even part Aboriginal.)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
This is like....what? The 5th time someone had described this type of experience? Is this an American thing or what? 'cause I've NEVER had that problem here in Australia. Most people would had heard it but at the very worst, have a VERY obscured idea about it (and funnily enough, it's the ABC's who have the obscured idea while Caucasians have a better understanding. In fact, the only person who ever picked out I was Taiwanese the moment she saw me was Caucasian. Actually, make that two. The second person was even part Aboriginal.)

lol

It's the completely reverse here: pretty much all asians know Taiwan, while Whites generally happen to either confuse TW with Thiland or consider it a province of China.

And yeah, most of the ABCs here can't tell the difference between Taiwan and China; they frequently think they're Chinese while they aren't technically lol

I've been wondering the cause of this for a while, lol, since CA is almost occupied by Asians<8>

Perhaps it's regions that make such a big difference? Considering that Australia's a more even melting pot than America? Or is there any other reason?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
好啊好啊,我們還可以找加州的其他海外學生!!!

不過你也不要跟我搶m號的ae or hollister or aero 尤其是瘋狂打折的時候xdxdxd

你在下戰帖嗎XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

LETS MAKE A SETTLEMEANT ON PUTENTE MALL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

我每次去ON都買不到S號一定都是亞洲人跟我搶的我好恨(喂)ˊAˋ

還有看來我們可以在LA辦一場海外版聚會囉xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

剛出過國的通常都會被這個問題嚇到嘛,這是大家永遠的第一次XD

澳洲是不是有教類似「太平洋史」或是「太平洋地理」的課 thats might help students understand the situation whatever geographically or politically, then it might reveal some information about TW to general students.

揣測而已

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我都買不到s了xs我從來沒見過(好心的AE有XS號不過也是一天搶售一空我不懂)

有次自己跑去買童裝L或XL,穿的很開心到現在都還在穿。

阿波你要合去買童裝。我有個同學(男)長太小跑去買女T才有衣服穿。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我們這裡是二九三十三一最難買,三二到四二永遠高高掛

每次看那些恐怖尺碼都沒人買我就覺得布料好可惜,一整個HANGERS耶幾十公斤的原料!!!

阿翔你的解決辦法很簡單、瘦到三十一腰就好(大笑)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
澳洲是不是有教類似「太平洋史」或是「太平洋地理」的課 thats might help students understand the situation whatever geographically or politically, then it might reveal some information about TW to general students.

Well...no...

We did have "Asian Studies" in year 8 and 9 but that was elective so you didn't have to do it. I certainly didn't.

I think maybe because Australia view Asian relations as top priority? Considering we are neighbours. My other theory is that besides the boring, mainstream channels like channel 7, 9 and 10, we have programs that focus on Asia-Pacific news for example, ABC's "Asia Pacific Focus" program where it focuses on news happening in Asia. It features Taiwan many times there. However, as far as I know, the only people who watches these programs are either older people or people with a bit of brains (no offence but if your only interest is reality TV shows, then I do question your....LACK of taste).

Possibly, also, our evening news do feature news from overseas, particularly SBS's World News Channel, so one way or another, whoever bothers to watch news would had come across Taiwanese news. (Though not always good ones. Of course we were featured during the earthquake, the recent typhoon and one or few times, unfortunately, when we riot or when our politicians threw a few fists at eachother. = =|||)

Thank god we don't have Fox News! (though funnily enough, Murdoch's Aussie - NOT that I'm happy about that).

Another theory is possibly because Australia's extremely multicultural, and as a result, we've been exposed to different people so many of the people I've met would had at some point in their life, met someone who was Taiwanese or knew something about Taiwan and was informed in that way.

Then, of course, there's the fact I'm in Sydney which is the city with the most immigrants in Australia. If I were in Queensland, that might be a different story (Queensland is like...equivalent to the south in the States where people are not as tolerant, not as informed and ... put it quite frankly, especially if they live in the country, rednecks).

Aaaand...of course, the final reason is, maybe it is just America. Afterall, the last President confused Australia with Austria.(and we were helping out with the war! How rude!) :p:p (Yes, I'm trolling. Sorry. Aussies love to make fun of Americans. Of course, I'm sure the reverse is the same. XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRumTCCoJw

*runs very fast*

P.S. Yes, I know not all Americans are like that (many of my friends are Americans and they laugh at the clip, saying "That's why I left"). It's just funny (and possibly scary) that they actually could find enough people to compile that clip.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Well...no...

We did have "Asian Studies" in year 8 and 9 but that was elective so you didn't have to do it. I certainly didn't.

I think maybe because Australia view Asian relations as top priority? Considering we are neighbours. My other theory is that besides the boring, mainstream channels like channel 7, 9 and 10, we have programs that focus on Asia-Pacific news for example, ABC's "Asia Pacific Focus" program where it focuses on news happening in Asia. It features Taiwan many times there. However, as far as I know, the only people who watches these programs are either older people or people with a bit of brains

quite understandable

(no offence but if your only interest is reality TV shows, then I do question your....LACK of taste).

姊姊你很見耶(打滾)xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxd

Another theory is possibly because Australia's extremely multicultural, and as a result, we've been exposed to different people so many of the people I've met would had at some point in their life, met someone who was Taiwanese or knew something about Taiwan and was informed in that way.

Then, of course, there's the fact I'm in Sydney which is the city with the most immigrants in Australia. If I were in Queensland, that might be a different story (Queensland is like...equivalent to the south in the States where people are not as tolerant, not as informed and ... put it quite frankly, especially if they live in the country, rednecks).

Aaaand...of course, the final reason is, maybe it is just America. Afterall, the last President confused Australia with Austria.(and we were helping out with the war! How rude!) :p:p (Yes, I'm trolling. Sorry. Aussies love to make fun of Americans. Of course, I'm sure the reverse is the same. XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRumTCCoJw

*runs very fast*

P.S. Yes, I know not all Americans are like that (many of my friends are Americans and they laugh at the clip, saying "That's why I left"). It's just funny (and possibly scary) that they actually could find enough people to compile that clip.

(shrug) not surprised at all, thats american in general.

but to be more objective, thats people in general.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入