【Gossiping】Let's chat without any subject! -Part1

I WAS a student. Graduated about an year ago.

Weather seems to be terrible in Australia - at least if you're in Queensland and Victoria. Sydney's been fine. As for New Zealand - how should I know? :p

thought you guys were sorta neighbor really close, in geographical saying which perhaps might not be so true now lol.

此內容已被編輯, ,由 toasttie
my terrible grammar
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 回覆 128
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

Queensland is the state next door. As is Victoria. But you might want to check the map and see just how big Australia is. Northern parts of NSW, close to the edge of Queensland is flooded but that's like, 1.5 hour flight away?

Sydney's been a furnace these days. Warm winds. Perfect condition for bushfires. = =|||

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My English is poor,so i can't write complex sentence.

I feel depress when i look at this print.

Everyone in this print are full of ability.

I know this kind of feeling.

One day I was trying to practice English in ICRT chat room, and my English was so bad that no one wanted to chat with me.

Although these kind of things often happen, and these always embarrass me, I still cannot give up learning and practicing English.

Many people feel frustrated when they learn English, just like us.

So cheer up and practice more.

Practice makes perfect, right?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Right! Thanks you.

Oh,can I ask a question? How do you feel your family education?

Do this deep affect your characteristics?

Umm...I think my family education is pretty free.

But I'm not sure if this affect my personality.(I guess so...)

I've been very out-going and optimistic since I was a child. xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Personally I think you should read a lot in order to really improve. I love English fiction and nonfiction. I browse websites in English. My phone is set in English. I listen to ICRT and English radio stations on Tunein Radio. You don't have to develop, say, a passion for Shakespeare, to be fluent in the language. The only thing you should do is try to use it whenever and wherever you can, to enjoy it as a tool but not as a subject you must study. And I'm not implying that you should flock to American/British pop culture like crazy, or that you should have an attitude of disdain towards your homeland. It's just that by appreciating your own culture and learning about others, you will be able to develop a greater view of our world and become better at English at the same time.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Personally I think you should read a lot in order to really improve. I love English fiction and nonfiction. I browse websites in English. My phone is set in English. I listen to ICRT and English radio stations on Tunein Radio. You don't have to develop, say, a passion for Shakespeare, to be fluent in the language. The only thing you should do is try to use it whenever and wherever you can, to enjoy it as a tool but not as a subject you must study. And I'm not implying that you should flock to American/British pop culture like crazy, or that you should have an attitude of disdain towards your homeland. It's just that by appreciating your own culture and learning about others, you will be able to develop a greater view of our world and become better at English at the same time.

Your advice is helpful. :)

I'd never heard of "TuneIn Radio" until you mentioned it.

There are plenty of broadcasts to choose from!

Thank you! :E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

What you said really helpful. I thought twice what you said yesterday,maybe you want as to apply what we saw in books or what we listened in radio.

Hey,when I read the sentence you wrote in this print,I con't identify lots of vocabuaries you wrote, I really full of frustration. T_T

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GEPT certificates are practically useless in anywhere else aside from Taiwan...I'd suggest you go get a TOEFL/TOEIC certificate if you plan on going abroad. If you have a thing for the UK, consider taking the Cambridge ESOL exams, but those are pretty expensive so think twice before you decide.

As for me, I would love to go to Caltech/MIT/UCLA for uni, but studying in the States is just so incredibly expensive. Postgrads however, have a much bigger chance of getting a decent scholarship. I honestly don't know how all these kids managed to leave the island for uni. The total cost can be up to 2 mil. NTD/year...how in pluperfect h*** did their parents get all that money?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 9 months later...

For all the people trying to practice your English: Don't get discouraged, everyone starts at the bottom.

You wont even realize how much you have improved by simply using the language frequently.

And by that, I mean chatting here, reading news articles, whatever you feel comfortable.

此內容已被編輯, ,由 qoo3351
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I was in Cheng Gong High School for two years.

One day, a chance of immigration popped up.

Without any hesitation, I said yes.

Little did I realize how dramatic this opportunity would change my life.

I stayed in California to finish high school.

This past May, I graduated from high school and came to discover how unaffordable colleges/universities are.

I joined the most powerful navy in the world throughout the history, U.S. Navy.

此內容已被編輯, ,由 qoo3351
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 months later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入