【Chat】about the TOEFL thing again...

remember, I'm the guy asking about TOEFL about a month ago?

anyway i took it on 8/28

and I got my scores back!!

total 111!

i know there must be people out there with better scores

but I'm pretty happy with mine for now :)

anyway, I would just like to thank the people who post comments last time

real helped me a lot :E so thanks you guys!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey William,

I didn't take the TOEFL but I took SAT. SAT is just a matter of *a lot* of practice and vocab memorization, and TOEFL is the same. Read, memorize, read, practice, memorize, practice, memorize, then repeat from the beginning.

Be sure to start really early (10th grade or before), otherwise you'll run out of time very soon.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask me any questions about English, SAT, or studying abroad.

-Alex

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

thank you Alex! i want to study abroad, and i'm interesting in science and technology. i guess MIT is a good choice. i have some books of TOEFL and SAT, but i don't know which test is required. i heard that both are needed, so i bought both of them. if only one of them is required, does taking the other test help in application? besides tests, what should i need to prepare? it seems that AP is helpful, yet i don't know what's AP, and, does taiwan has AP?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Hey William,

Morgan (MIT '13) was in a similar situation as you and she took both TOEFL and SAT. Different schools are different though, and you should call the school's administration to make sure. Some schools require international students to take TOEFL, but if not, you can just take SAT if you can do well on the SAT.

Outside of tests, you need several other things as listed here. You should really make sure that you stand out on your extracurricular activities -- a lot of students in Taiwan gets good GPA and SAT scores, but get rejected because they lack performance outside of school.

I've created a forum for discussions related to studying abroad. It's very new at this stage, but you should feel free to go there to drop off questions there and share your experience, both good or bad. Hope to see you there! (Of course, I'll answer questions in this forum too.)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入